Crédit Agricole Srbija is primarily supporting innovative projects aiming at promotion of children’s rights.
In the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations has proclaimed that childhood is entitled to special care and assistance.
Also, recognizing that the child, for the full and harmonious development of his or her personality, should grow up in a family environment, in an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding, we in Crédit Agricole Serbia understand that these rights extend to the children’s social environments as well.
We believe that every child has the right to dream, to believe in fairy tales, to enjoy holidays and create their own fantasy world. We also believe that one of the ethical indicators of where exactly the society currently stands is the indicator of how they treat children and how much care is provided to them.
There are over 6000 children up to the age of 10 in Belgrade alone who do not have two meals a day.
There are over 2000 children in Belgrade alone who have developmental difficulties and at the same time 80% of them belong to the socially vulnerable category.
The multiplication exercise applied to the whole Serbia would result in not such encouraging numbers, but on the other hand, the same numbers could serve as drivers to parts of the society who wish to do something about combating poverty, ignorance and exclusion.
Crédit Agricole Serbia is a bank fully dedicated to helping children with special needs and children in socially vulnerable situations by organising projects that are inclusive, educational and socially relevant because in the long run, they strive towards problem-solving.
All our projects for children are long-term ones and there are several components that we especially value:
- partnerships with business and NGO sectors
- stronger ties to the local communities by connecting with the social services centres in city administrations
- building very good relationships with the network of schools for children with special needs around the country
- encouraging the employees to participate in projects as volunteers
- educating the employees and the citizens about children with special needs
You can find Crédit Agricole Srbija 2013 CSR Report by clicking this link.
- building strong corporate culture and culture of tolerance, respect and dignity within the Bank.